Before diving in with the reasons, I must say that a lot of research should go with finding a good Tefl program. There are a lot of schools that offer Tefl certificate and they advertise their programs very cheap. If the cost of the programs sound too good to be true, well iits because it is. Now, some programs can be quite pricey and out of proportion That is why after 3 years of research, that’s right 3 years, I could not be any happier to have gone with International TEFL Academy. What makes their teaching program so special? Besides the best advisors and qualify instructors they have intensive online program that fits perfect for busy people right on the budget. The teaching program is not a joke, it’s design to educate you on how to be the best English teacher that you can be.
It sounds as though I am being paid to write good reviews but the truth is that I am not. I am that type of person that doesn’t bother giving bad feedback or complain about bad service, imagine me taking the time to write positive feedback. The reality is that I am super content about taking this certificate abroad. I am a busy mom and this certificate kicked my rear end but it made me that much confident to teach English abroad.
So, without further ado, here you have the 10 reason why you should get a TEFl certificate.
- You don’t need an University degree in order to get the certificate. Although, there are some countries that require higher education, still the market it so big for English speakers that you will have many options finding work with just the certificate.
- You get to travel the world while getting paid. It doesn’t get much sweeter than this. Most people love to travel but it’s very difficult when it’s so expensive, this is the best opportunity to venture the world.
- The certificate will never expire.
- A way to get out of your old routine and leave an office job
- You will create an international network. You will meet different people and create unimaginable memories and friendship.
- You will get to learn about different cultures first hand and maybe even a new language
- You will get to build an unique resume. Who else gets to write on their resume that they have taught English in a dozen of countries. YOU DO!
- You can get the money you invested in getting your certificate as little as one month, depending which country you end up teaching.
- This one pertains to ITA specifically but you will have life time advisors that will be there to answer all your questions and help you find the best jobs.
- With this certificate you will be confident teaching English abroad. The international TEFL academy requires that you take 20 hours of practicum experiences in order to graduate with their program. These required hours allows you to put all that you have learned into practice.
So there you have it. I hope this helped you out and I can’t wait to share my experiences abroad